GAUSS Mathematical and Statistical System
Here is some important information.
GAUSS Aptech Blog:
Check out the new GAUSS Blog for tips, tricks, and econometrics! New postings weekly!
Recent topics include:
• The Basics of Quantile Regression
• Basic Bootstrapping in GAUSS
• Top five hotkeys to get more done in GAUSS
• Permutation Entropy
• Apples to Apples: The case for cluster-robust standard errors
• and More!
NEW Tutorials and Learning Resources:
There are regularly added new tutorials on the website. Coming soon will be video tutorials as well. We hope that you find these valuable.
Current topics include:
• GAUSS Basics
• Loading Data
• Formula string syntax
• Econometrics basics in GAUSS
• Generalized Method of Moments (GMM)
• Bayesian fundamentals
• Graphing in GAUSS
• Optimizing your GAUSS code
• Threading in GAUSS
• Using Structures
• Multi-dimensional arrays in GAUSS
• Time Series Analysis
• Quantile Regression
More news from GAUSS
1. GAUSS Engine v19: Now available for Windows 32-bit and 64-bit, Mac OS 64-bit and Linux 64-bit
2. GAUSS 32-bit Windows v19: Now available.
3. GAUSS Upgrades: Virtually every older GAUSS license is upgradeable at a discounted price over the purchase of a brand new license. All we need is a GAUSS Serial Number, License ID or proof of purchase.
4. Screen Sharing Session: We like to extend an invitation to set up a complimentary webinar/ screen-sharing session for you, with Jason our top GAUSS expert. This will give you a chance to ask any questions you may have and help you to get up to speed more quickly with GAUSS 19. Please let me know if you would like to take advantage of this service by sending us an email at: email@example.com with subject "Webinar GAUSS". We are here to support you!
An easy-to-use data analysis, mathematical and statistical environment based on the powerful, fast and efficient GAUSS Matrix Programming Language. GAUSS is used to solve real world problems and data analysis problems of exceptionally large scale. Program development and program execution are FAST!
The GAUSS Run-Time Module (GRTM) allows users to distribute GAUSS applications that they have written to people who do not have GAUSS. Developers distribute a compiled file to end users along with the GRTM. This is available with GAUSS at no extra charge.
GAUSS Data Tool is a stand-alone program for working with GAUSS data sets. GAUSS Data Tool loads the columns of the data sets into a workspace as vectors where they can be transformed or modified using simple intuitive statements. Data sets can also be created by simulation using a variety of models, e.g., probit, logit, GARCH, linear. A new version of a data set can be generated where missing data are replaced by single or multiple imputations from a maximum likelihood extimation using EM algorithm.
GAUSS Engine Add the SPEED and POWER of GAUSS to applications written in C, C++, Java, VB or other development environments that support C language API. The GAUSS Engine is a dynamically linked library for compiling and executing GAUSS programs from another application. Data can be passed back and forth between the GAUSS Engine workspace and the application. Royalty-free distribution of your GAUSS Engine applications is available. (for more information click here)
GAUSS Applications Pre-written, customizable GAUSS programs designed to increase user productivity and extend GAUSS functionality in the fields of statistics, finance, engineering, physics, linear algebra, simulation, risk analysis and more. (For more information click here)
(Platinum) Premier Support is an annually renewable membership program that provides you with important benifits including technical support, product maintenance and substantial (Platinum : at no cost) cost saving features for your GAUSS System or GAUSS Engine software.
Update March/April 2021
Update about some of GAUSS recent developments:
1. The popular TSPDLIB library of unit root, cointegration, and causality tests has been updated. It is much improved and now includes:
- Clear and easy to interpret results printed directly to screen;
- Optional arguments with parameter defaults reduce coding and make tests quick and easy to implement;
- Expanded test availability.
2. Their unit root landing page is live and available here: https://www.aptech.com/why-gauss-for-unit-root-testing/. From this page, customers have an opportunity to submit a form to download the free Unit Root Selection Guides (one for time series and one for panel data).
3. They have finalized our unit root, cointegration, and causality function lists.
New in GAUSS 21
Aptech has been very pleased with the response to GAUSS 21. Customers have been very positive and enthusiastic about the new data management tools.
In addition, they published an online Data Management Guide which offers a complete “How To” guide for all aspects of data import, cleaning, and exploration in GAUSS. It isn’t focused solely on GAUSS 21 but it does cover in-depth all the new GAUSS 21 features.
New in GAUSS 21
Easily locate and install GAUSS packages with the new package installer
⦁ Get working faster with quicker access to pre-built GAUSS packages.
⦁ Download, install and update GAUSS packages without ever leaving GAUSS.
Improved panel data functionality
New function to aggregate results across groups by:
⦁ mean, min, max, median, mode, variance, sum, and standard deviation.
Advanced imputation methods for handling missing values
⦁ New support for predictive mean matching, local residual draws, and linear prediction imputation.
⦁ Customizable with options for a number of donors, matching type, and linear prediction methods.
Add the power and flexibility of optional arguments to your procedures
⦁ New suite of tools makes it easy to add optional arguments to your GAUSS procedures
Expanded graphics tools
⦁ New filled area plots using plotXYFill.
⦁ plotSetLegend now allows you to set the legend location by coordinates.
⦁ New horizontal bar plots using plotBarH.
⦁ Precise control over y-axis tick location and intervals using plotSetYTicInterval.
Other new functions:
⦁ modec – Compute mode for each matrix column.
⦁ loaddsa – Load string data from CSV, Excel, GAUSS, SAS or STATA datasets.
⦁ sprintf – Create formatted string output from columns of matrices and strings.
⦁ weighted ols – Compute weighted OLS estimates with user-specified weights
Windows 32-bit: Windows Vista/7/8.0+/10+
Windows 64-bit: Windows Vista/7/8.0+/10+
Windows Server 64-bit: 2008 and above
Mac 64-bit: Mac OSX 10.7 and above
Linux 64-bit: Red Hat 6.X+/CentOS/Ubuntu
Harddrive: minimum 400MB
RAM: minimum 1GB / 4GB or more recommended
Constrained Optimization MT 2.0 Optimization MT 2.0 Nu beschikbaar! Uw GRATIS Upgrade is inclusief als onderdeel van uw Platinum Premier Support & Maintenance
MAsk us any queations you may have at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Constrained Optimization MT 2.0
Constrained Optimization MT (COMT) solves the Nonlinear Programming problem, subject to general constraints on the parameters – linear or nonlinear, equality or inequality, using the Sequential Quadratic Programming method in combination with several descent methods selectable by the user.
COMT’s ability to handle general nonlinear functions and nonlinear constraints along with other features, such as the Trust Region Method, allow you to solve a wide range of sophisticated optimization problems. Built on the speed and number crunching ability of the GAUSS platform, COMT quickly computes solutions to large problems, making it ideal for large scale Monte Carlo or Bootstrap optimizations.
Version 2.0 is easier to use than ever!
- New syntax options eliminate the need for PV and DS structures:
-Decreasing the required code up to 25%.
-Decreasing runtime up to 20%.
- Optional dynamic arguments make it simple and transparent to add extra data arguments beyond model parameters to your objective function.
- Updated documentation and examples.
- Fully backwards compatible with COMT 1.0
See for more information and an example on http://www.aptech.com/products/gauss-applications/constrained-optimization-mt
Optimization MT 2.0
Optimization MT (OPTMT) provides a suite of tools for the unconstrained optimization of functions. It has many features, including a wide selection of descent algorithms, step-length methods, and “on-the-fly” algorithm switching. Default selections permit you to use OPTMT with a minimum of programming effort. All you provide is the function to be optimized and start values, and OPTMT does the rest.
OPTMT 2.0 is easier to use than ever!
New syntax options eliminate the need for PV and DS structures:
• Decreasing the required code up to 25%.
• Decreasing runtime up to 20%.
• Simplifying usage.
Optional dynamic ar guments make it simple and transparent to add extra data arguments beyond model parameters to your objective function.
• Updated documentation and examples.
• Fully backwards compatible with OPTMT 1.0
• And More….
See for more information and an example on http://www.aptech.com/products/gauss-applications/optimization-mt/
Smit Consult offers fast delivery thanks to direct contact with software manufacturers.
We deliver exceptional costumer service and support based on technical knowledge.
Consultancy & Courses
Smit Consult is your consultant and delivers various training courses in statistics.