GAUSS Mathematical and Statistical System
Here is some important information.
GAUSS Aptech Blog:
Check out the new GAUSS Blog for tips, tricks, and econometrics! New postings weekly!
Recent topics include:
• The Basics of Quantile Regression
• Basic Bootstrapping in GAUSS
• Top five hotkeys to get more done in GAUSS
• Permutation Entropy
• Apples to Apples: The case for cluster-robust standard errors
• and More!
NEW Tutorials and Learning Resources:
There are regularly added new tutorials on the website. Coming soon will be video tutorials as well. We hope that you find these valuable.
Current topics include:
• GAUSS Basics
• Loading Data
• Formula string syntax
• Econometrics basics in GAUSS
• Generalized Method of Moments (GMM)
• Bayesian fundamentals
• Graphing in GAUSS
• Optimizing your GAUSS code
• Threading in GAUSS
• Using Structures
• Multi-dimensional arrays in GAUSS
• Time Series Analysis
• Quantile Regression
More news from GAUSS
The GAUSS Run-Time Module (GRTM) allows users to distribute GAUSS applications that they have written to people who do not have GAUSS. Developers distribute a compiled file to end users along with the GRTM. This is available with GAUSS at no extra charge.
GAUSS Data Tool is a stand-alone program for working with GAUSS data sets. GAUSS Data Tool loads the columns of the data sets into a workspace as vectors where they can be transformed or modified using simple intuitive statements. Data sets can also be created by simulation using a variety of models, e.g., probit, logit, GARCH, linear. A new version of a data set can be generated where missing data are replaced by single or multiple imputations from a maximum likelihood extimation using EM algorithm.
GAUSS Engine Add the SPEED and POWER of GAUSS to applications written in C, C++, Java, VB or other development environments that support C language API. The GAUSS Engine is a dynamically linked library for compiling and executing GAUSS programs from another application. Data can be passed back and forth between the GAUSS Engine workspace and the application. Royalty-free distribution of your GAUSS Engine applications is available. (for more information click here)
GAUSS Applications Pre-written, customizable GAUSS programs designed to increase user productivity and extend GAUSS functionality in the fields of statistics, finance, engineering, physics, linear algebra, simulation, risk analysis and more. (For more information click here)
(Platinum) Premier Support is an annually renewable membership program that provides you with important benifits including technical support, product maintenance and substantial (Platinum : at no cost) cost saving features for your GAUSS System or GAUSS Engine software.
Update November 2021
New in GAUSS 22
GAUSS 22 brings many substantial new features that will save you hours of time and frustration with everyday tasks like:
- Data exploration
- Data cleaning and management
See some of the ways that GAUSS 22 will help you make the most of your limited research time below!
- Specify variables to plot by name with convenient formula strings.
- Automatic, intelligent use of variable names and category labels.
- Split data using the new ‘by’ keyword.
- Never overwrites your settings.
- Specify locations with simple date strings, category labels, numbers, or popular datasets.
- Add spanning bars and lines with one line of code.
- Reference dates, category labels, and variable names.
- Use greater than and less than comparisons with ordinal data.
- Create categorical variables from string arrays.
- Automatically convert simple date strings to real date variables.
- Simple new functions and interactive controls to rename and change types.
- Function for combining, splitting, and manipulating strings now support string, categorical and date variables.
- Fix typos and misentries.
- Consolidate categories.
- Identify and remove outliers.
- Identify and remove duplicate observations.
GAUSS 22 has more new features and bug fixes than any previous version. For a complete list of what’s new, see the changelog.
- Windows 64-bit: Windows 7/8.0+/10+
- Windows Server 64-bit: 2008 and above
- macOS 64-bit: macOS 10.13 and above
- Linux 64-bit: Red Hat 7.X+/CentOS/Ubuntu
- Native macOS for M1 architecture will be available in Winter 2022. Some customers are using Rosetta 2 as an interim solution.
- Harddrive: minimum 400MB
- RAM: minimum 1GB / 4GB or more recommended
Constrained Optimization MT 2.0 Optimization MT 2.0 Nu beschikbaar! Uw GRATIS Upgrade is inclusief als onderdeel van uw Platinum Premier Support & Maintenance
MAsk us any queations you may have at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Constrained Optimization MT 2.0
Constrained Optimization MT (COMT) solves the Nonlinear Programming problem, subject to general constraints on the parameters – linear or nonlinear, equality or inequality, using the Sequential Quadratic Programming method in combination with several descent methods selectable by the user.
COMT’s ability to handle general nonlinear functions and nonlinear constraints along with other features, such as the Trust Region Method, allow you to solve a wide range of sophisticated optimization problems. Built on the speed and number crunching ability of the GAUSS platform, COMT quickly computes solutions to large problems, making it ideal for large scale Monte Carlo or Bootstrap optimizations.
Version 2.0 is easier to use than ever!
- New syntax options eliminate the need for PV and DS structures:
-Decreasing the required code up to 25%.
-Decreasing runtime up to 20%.
- Optional dynamic arguments make it simple and transparent to add extra data arguments beyond model parameters to your objective function.
- Updated documentation and examples.
- Fully backwards compatible with COMT 1.0
See for more information and an example on http://www.aptech.com/products/gauss-applications/constrained-optimization-mt
Optimization MT 2.0
Optimization MT (OPTMT) provides a suite of tools for the unconstrained optimization of functions. It has many features, including a wide selection of descent algorithms, step-length methods, and “on-the-fly” algorithm switching. Default selections permit you to use OPTMT with a minimum of programming effort. All you provide is the function to be optimized and start values, and OPTMT does the rest.
OPTMT 2.0 is easier to use than ever!
New syntax options eliminate the need for PV and DS structures:
• Decreasing the required code up to 25%.
• Decreasing runtime up to 20%.
• Simplifying usage.
Optional dynamic ar guments make it simple and transparent to add extra data arguments beyond model parameters to your objective function.
• Updated documentation and examples.
• Fully backwards compatible with OPTMT 1.0
• And More….
See for more information and an example on http://www.aptech.com/products/gauss-applications/optimization-mt/
Smit Consult offers fast delivery thanks to direct contact with software manufacturers.
We deliver exceptional costumer service and support based on technical knowledge.
Consultancy & Courses
Smit Consult is your consultant and delivers various training courses in statistics.